Rod and Wheel House provides excellent accommodation for sporting groups, friends and families who seek to enjoy spectacular scenery while fishing, cycling or touring on the South Island of New Zealand. The house offers the following services-
- Full linen service. For bookings longer than 7 days, fresh linen and a light clean are provided on a weekly basis.
- Cot and highchair can be requested when booking.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and toiletries.
- Variety of coffee making appliances including a capsule machine, stove top perculator and a coffee plunger.
- SKY TV and DVD.
- Eclectic DVD library with general and sporting titles.
- Complimentary wireless internet connection.
- iPod and iPhone compatible music system.
- Detailed folders on river and lake information, local fishing access points, walking trails and other activities and also listing town services and amenities.
- Book Library on Southland topics.
- Selection of indoor and outdoor games.
- Wader drying racks
- Gas BBQ available under covered pergola with table and seating.
- Two bicycles are available for hire.( see booking form)
- The house is set in a landscaped garden yet it is only a short walk to town services and facilities including a supermarket which is licensed to sell wine and beer, ATM or Automatic Teller Machine (in supermarket), pharmacy, Post Office, liquor shop, pub and a number of cafe's.
- Lumsden also has a community gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, tennis courts, Medical Centre and a craft shop